Tuesday, June 4, 2013

eat me.

Did you see my friend Nina designed a few sets with Avery Elle?  I am playing around with Simply Tags: Everyday and Texture Tiles: be cool.

eat me.

I doubled-up on tags and created gingham out of the striped image for a sweet, county-picnic look.

eat me.

I just loved that fork and knife image for the moment I saw it!  And, paired with the picnic basket? perfection.

eat me.

To create the border around the gingham circle, I simply traced it in pencil, curved the greeting slightly and stamped away.  Just remember to erase the pencil when you're done - I can't tell you how many times I've sat down to edit card pictures and only then noticed that the pencil line is still there...grrrr....

Nina generously turned my card design into a sketch for you:


I've never designed a sketch before - thank you, Nina!  By the way, did you know that Nina is one of the Paper Craft Gallery Idol finalists?  Check out her blog post here, and then go vote for your favorite!  

♥.



13 comments:

  1. This is absolutely adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! Love the layered tags and the sentiments around the gingham paper. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elena, you did put Nina's new design very well...just love how you incorporated the tags.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute!! would be great for an alice in wonderland theme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH so delightful - great "gingham making" :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOOOVVEE it! the gingham is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love this card, Elena! Love how you created the gingham pattern and how you curved the stamp to stamp along the circle shape! So clever and creative! I'm not surprised because I knew you are AWESOME!!! Thank you so much for using my sets, Elena! LOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! This is just too sweet!! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet set! I love how you used it, Elena! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is pretty much totally awesome. Which is no surprise as you are pretty much totally awesome. Love the clever creation of the gingham and the circle of sentiments!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really awesome, I just love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfection! I love that gingham AND the knife and fork. Actually, love it all!

    ReplyDelete