Thursday, July 11, 2013

for the baker.... a stationery set.


for the baker...

It's group post time over at CSS!  We're showing off stationery sets - one of my very favorite things to craft.... and this one's for your favorite baker friend:

for the baker...

I created a set of cards, kitchen-themed tags, stickers and flags.

for the baker...

I used "let's bake: sentiments" to create my gift - I love that set so much!  The paper-pieced apron got a touch more frilly with an even bigger bow.  I kept it clean and simple, with just a binding of white washi tape for embellishment.

for the baker...

The stickers say "freshly baked" and match the colors of the patterned paper used on the apron and the twine seal.

for the baker...

When I saw this image in the set, I immediately thought of how fun it would be to make tags out of them, and be able to write the recipient's name across the banner, or identify the yummy gift contents...  but the image is too big to fit into any tag shapes that I already have.  I came up with a solution:

for the baker...


I ran the die through my machine like so, only cutting the tag "top" and leaving the rest to dangle outside of the cutting mats.

for the baker...

See?  the bubble top cut, and the rest was trimmed and corner-rounded by hand.

That's all from me, but here are some more paperie clicks for you to enjoy:

Audrey Jen ♥ Kim ♥ Lori Tracy CSS blog

10 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous! That's gonna be one lucky baker!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo CUTE!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable set! What a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a super cute set! What a fun gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous set, Elena! Your friend will love these!
    And thanks for sharing you tip-- it's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome set!! I love that apron. I faught hard for it. Love the bind on your cards and your determination to see your vision come to light.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome set!! I love that apron. I faught hard for it. Love the bind on your cards and your determination to see your vision come to light.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How pretty - wonderful gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the cutest cutest set Elena! I love every little element you've included!!

    ReplyDelete