Wednesday, February 19, 2014

origami {mama elephant stamp highlight}

Welcome back to another day of Mama Elephant inspiration! We're showing off the new stamp set, origami.

origami {mama elephant stamp highlight}


I love that, depending on how you color them, many of the animals could resemble something else.  In shades of orange this guy looks foxy, but there's some cat-like about the shape too, no?

origami {mama elephant stamp highlight}


The fox rests over a watery-blue panel.  I masked the edges, rubbed distress ink over the panel and then splashed some water on it.  I love the effect.

origami {mama elephant stamp highlight}

I can't get enough of these confetti dies.  I had to close-up on one just to show it off again.

Check out the Mama Elephant blog for more inspiration!  Sorry if this write-up seems a bit choppy - my head is all stuffed up and woozy.  bleh.

♥.

11 comments:

  1. Great card -- love how you colored the origami fox. Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally adorable! I love the angle of the patterned paper and the coloring and of course those dies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card! The angles and colours are fantastic, plus your cardstock confetti looks like the real thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I love those confetti dies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a charming card, Elena! I love your coloring and the clever way you angled your papers...so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your adorable card! The distressed background looks great. And thanks for sharing a close-up of the sequin die cut. They were out of stock where I placed my ME order but will put them at the top of my wish list--SO realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the layout, love the colour, love everything about this card! It certainly stands out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodness!! this is adorable!!! i LOOOOVE that you made it a fox!! and you're right, you can totally change up the animals depending on color! so cool!
    and your coloring is just amazing!! i LOVE that distressed background, and your titled panel is so cool!! wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute!! Love the colors and the fantastic vintage look! :)

    ReplyDelete