Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking Magazine special thanks! blog hop


Today's blog hop feels like a funeral. Tears will be shed, laughs will be shared, and memories will touch our hearts.

I don't know how to put into words how I feel about the closing of Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking magazine.

It is a sad thing. PC&S was the cornerstone of our card-making industry. There was validation for the artists who found themselves published within those pages, and so much inspiration for the rest of us. We also found a sense of community within those pages, cheering each other on, even though we were all competing to see our own artwork there.

I only submitted for publication a handful of times, but each time, when Susan sent out that email, I got chills. They picked me! The first time was for a card that was published in the November/December 2012 issue. I used lawn fawn's Cozy Christmas, so I thought that it was only fitting to say goodbye using products from Lawn Fawn, and my other favorite company, Mama Elephant.

I also have a special gift to offer up at the end, since PC&S always offered us free digis, I thought it would be fitting to offer up a few of my own here today.

our time together was sweet.

I illustrated the little girl holding a giant gingerbread cookie and paired her together with a custom sentiment of thanks.  I wanted the card to be season-appropriate. How's that for the mag in mind!

our time together was sweet.


I have 3 different Christmas kid-in-pyjama images to offer you today. You can see how I used the others *here* and *here.*

To download any of the images, click on the JPEG or PNG link - your choice! And right-click to save the image to your computer. I hope you enjoy them this holiday season - they are my special gift to you:

Boy in Christmas pjs: JPEG/PNG

Girl in Christmas pjs: JPEG/PNG

Girl holding gingerbread cookie: JPEG/PNG

Now. There are so many people expressing their own thanks and love to the PC&S team. The hop started with Jennifer McGuire's blog, and goes on 200 bloggers strong.

If you're following the hop order, you should have come from Lyndal's blog, and will now be heading over to my oh-so-talented friend's Kara's blog.

♥.


27 comments:

  1. What a perfect card to say goodbye, Elena!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! The colors are perfect Christmas! And your little kid in pjs with the gingerbread man is priceless! The sentiment made me smile and get misty eyed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and beautiful words, Elena.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwwwwwwww....love the digi and your card...so sweet!
    Love your post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card! Thank you so much for sharing these adorable digis!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for a sharing a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute card and thank you for sharing your adorable digi-stamps with us! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is so sweet! I love this sentiment, just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely adorable! Thank you for the digis!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is absolutely SWEET! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  11. how sweet!! love love love your illustrations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely thing to do- the digi is amazing! love the sentiment- just perfect! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you know your going to be a super famous stamp designer one day, and I sure hope you remember me when you are.....

    ReplyDelete
  14. your designs are just too fabulous.. you should open your own stamp co...:) this is just the cutest ever.. thanks for the digi's can't wait to ink them up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, this is just so sweet & perfect, Elena! That digital image is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for the images, they are so darling! love all your illustrations and work!
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute card, and such a nice gesture to offer up some digital images!! Awesome tribute to PC&S!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So sweet, Elena! Awesome tribute to PC&S!!
    Thank you for offering the digital images!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is adorable! I love your images!

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is so sweet! love your darling images!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks again for these sweet kids in pjs! If interested, I just blogged some Christmas tags I made using them here- http://lysaq.blogspot.com/2014/12/christmas-tags.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Elena your post is so beautiful! I love the card you created and thank you for the digis! I ordered the lovely set you designed for ME for a Christmas gift to myself! I plan to create with it all year! Hope you create more stamps in the future! Hugs and Happy New Year! :) Jill

    ReplyDelete