Monday, February 15, 2016

my heart beets for you {lawn fawn inspiration week}

Hi there, and welcome back to another day of Lawn Fawn's February inspiration week.  Today, we're showing off the adorable vegetable-themed set, Rooting for You.

This is my favorite card of the whole week:

my heart beets for you {lawn fawn inspiration week}


I'm not usually a solid-stamp-loving kind of girl, but this set is the cutest. And, by adding a little bit of shading to the images, they look kind of like no-line-copic-colored images. I really love them!

I created a custom sentiment using Milo's ABCs, and heat embossed it in white.

my heart beets for you {lawn fawn inspiration week}

Behind the beets, I used lawn fawn's mermaid ink to spread a wonky circle of ink. The key is to lay your ink layers down very softly, the sponge barely kissing the paper. Then, the layer is nice and even and not splotchy. I then flicked some white ink onto that layer before adding my little beets and their heart.

I hope you like it! There's more to see on the Lawn Fawn blog this morning - click!

♥.

6 comments:

  1. I love this set and your card is really beautiful...which ink do you use for the beets??
    Thanks a lot
    Cristina
    thehouseoftheblackbirds.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Elena, this card is sweet. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh - this card makes me smile - love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so cute! Love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card! So delicate, so sweet. I'm not a solid-stamp-loving kind too, but this is adorable. Brava! ^_^

    ReplyDelete